Sunday, June 04, 2006

Retired Preacher

Good day in church. I preached on "Blessed Are The Persecuted". The sermon outline is here: Sermon Outline

Need to get a Quarterly report ready to send out to friends. Will try and remember to post it here when I get it ready. Looking forward to retiring from my secular job at the end of this month. Will continue to work my online home biz after I retire from Pierce Transit. My personal web site tells how I got started with my online home biz. Personal Web Site

I was thinking also of maybe doing a little grass cutting here and there in my spare time too but might change my mind after reading this little story.

Retired Preacher

A preacher retires and moves to the country to enjoy life and practice his
hobby of yardwork. Needing a lawn mower, he heads into town to buy one. On
the way he sees a sign advertising a lawn mower for sale. He stops at the
house and a young lad comes out to greet him.

The preacher asks about the lawn mower and the kid says it’s behind the
house. The two go to look at the lawn mower. The engine is sputtering along
at idle speed. The preacher increases the speed of the engine and mows a few
strips. Satisfied that the mower will do the job, they settle on a price of
$25.

Later in the day, the young lad is riding his bicycle when he spies the
preacher pulling on the engine starter rope. The kid stops and watches for a
couple of minutes. He asks, What’s wrong?

The preacher replies, I can’t get this mower started. Do you know how?

The kid says, Yep.

Well, how do you do it?” the preacher yells. Tell me!

The kid replies, You have to curse it. The preacher rises up indignantly.
Now you listen here, he says. I am a preacher, and if I ever did curse,
I’ve forgotten how to do it after all these years. With a wise look well
beyond his years, the kid says, Preacher, you keep on pulling that rope and
it’ll all come back to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»