Sunday, July 30, 2006

What do retired people do all day?

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days
interesting.

Well for example, the other day I went into town and went into a shop. I was
only in there for about 5 minutes, when I came out there was a cop writing
out a parking ticket.

I went up to him and said, Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a
break? He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a Nazi
pig. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn
tires. So I called him a jerk. He finished the second ticket and put it
on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket.
This went on for about 20 minutes.

The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote. Personally, I didn't care.
I came in to town by bus. I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm
retired.

It's important at my age. :)
===========================
Seriously, my sermon today in church was on "Christ's Teaching on the Mouth."
Our Church Web Site
Appropriate huh? After church Marion and I strolled down Park Avenue the next block over from our house and looked at all the cool HotRods in the annual Fern Hill Car Show. See the pictures in my Picture Trail album here:
HotRods

Friday we drove over to Yakima and had a nice visit with sister Deuchle. She is one of our elderly members who is in an assisted living facility over there. We usually go over on the 5th Sunday of the month but my backup preacher, brother Turner, is out of town this weekend for a Bible Conference up in Eagle, Alaska.

I think this week we might take off for a few days and go to the ocean. That is one of the first things I wanted to do when I retired and so far we haven't had enough time to do it. I thought retirement would be a lot more laid back than it has been so far but I'm getting used to it and Marion and I both like it a lot....

No comments: