Sunday, August 10, 2008

8-10-08

My sermon today was on "Four Kinds of Lost People" look for the outline on our TLBC page click here.


The Turners were in Seattle and the Russells were tied up in Graham but it was good to see Penny back in church. We canceled our afternoon service and will do the business meeting and Lord's Supper (closed communion) next Lord's Day Lord willing.


After church we strolled around the Fern Hill Annual Street Fair and Car Show the next street over from our house. We always enjoy this and saw my sister Debby and her fella Joe there. Joe was showing his '31 Model A Roadster. It s the third one in the picture below. That's Joe and Deb in the picture behind the car.









After the Car Show we went back over to Mom's to help her get her medications refilled at the the pharmacy and confirm that her "Stimulous Package Check" was in the mail OK from President Bush.


I remember driving a '55 Ford similar to the '56 here on the right when I first got my drivers licence many years ago. If I remember right, it was a 283 V8 with three on the tree and overdrive. What a fun car to learn to drive with.

Larry Killion

Click this

1 comment:

dtbrents said...

I remember those cars well. I was too young to drive and by the time I got my license the boys (my cousins) I knew with them wouldn't let me drive. I can remember when the boys took such pride in their cars. They worked on them constantly and added a lot of things to them to make them loud. When I got married we had a beautiful 64 chevy. My husband also had an old truck he loved. He could take the engine apart and put it back together. Doylene