Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cold weather


Thank the Lord for the repaired furnace. I don't thing the portable heaters would have been able to keep the place warm enough. Very COLD weather. Several were missing from church today but we had warm services. See our church website for a copy of my sermon outline. click here


The cold weather made me think of my crew back on the job before I retired. We were the ones that had to go out in the weather and make repairs and do other things that made it possible for others in our company to do their jobs. I was like a lot of folks in this state. I had a job. I worked. They paid me. I paid my taxes and the government distributed my taxes as it saw fit. In order to get that paycheck, we were required to pass a random drug test. I have no problem with that. I don't do drugs or alcohol. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a drug test and may not even be a citizen of this country. It seems to me that people should have to pass a drug test to get a welfare check because a lot of us had to pass one to earn it for them.

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do however have a problem with helping someone that is sitting around doing drugs, while I earn a paycheck for them. Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a drug test to get a public assistance check ?????

Larry's Links
Life Force
My Story
Discussion

1 comment:

dtbrents said...

I think we would be smart to have the people who govern over us take drug tests also. Doylene