Thursday, March 19, 2009

3/19/09

Well, Praise the Lord. We had a good prayer meeting last night. It was good to have Brother Mel Kimberlin visiting in our services. He is Pastor of Tabernacle Baptist Church in O'Fallon, OH. and was out here on a job. Our hearts were encouraged by his fellowship.



I did a UPS trace on my book order (The Thessalonian Doctrine) and it should arrive here tomorrow. I have several friends and relatives waiting for their signed copy. Here is the Publisher's page for it. click here


Lord willing, I'll be taking some copies of both books with me down to the Bible Conference at the Landmark Missionary Baptist Church in Granite Bay, California the last weekend of this month and next month to the Bible Conference at Home Baptist Church in Mt. Morris, Michigan April 20-22.


I received a neat little nostalgic link from an old High School friend and want to share it here on my Blog. I know a lot of folks today will not have a clue what it is all about but there are some of us (the older crowd) who will remember these things. If you are under fifty years old, you might not appreciate this as much as the rest of us. Sorry. click here


Preacher Joke

This little boy was waiting for his mother to come out of a store.
As he waited, he was approached by a man who asked, "Son, can you tell me where the Post Office is?" The little boy replied, "Sure,... Just go straight down the street two blocks and turn to your right."

The man thanked the boy kindly and said, "I'm the new Preacher in town and I'd like for you to come to church on Sunday. I'll show you how to get to Heaven. The little boy replied with a chuckle, "Aawww, come on; you don't even know the way to the Post Office."

No comments: