Saturday, February 06, 2010

Ronald Reagan


On Saturday, February 6th Ronald Reagan would have turned 99 years old.

One of the greatest President’s in American history and one of the worlds greatest leaders of the 20th Century, President Reagan will go down in history as the man most responsible for ending the Cold War and the demise of the Soviet Union. We are in his debt forever.

But will the world remember? Will American school children know the legacy of Ronald Reagan? Will the children of Eastern Europe, Asia and other points that are now free, understand the role that Ronald Reagan played in late the 20th Century?

As Ronald Reagan’s son, the man who truly knows Ronald Reagan, who sat at his side and believes as fervently as he did, the values of freedom and liberty, I am now welcoming you, urging you even, to become Charter members of the Ronald Reagan Legacy Foundation today. Please click here to join today.

Why I am doing this? I was in Berlin for the 20th Anniversary celebration of the Fall of the Berlin Wall. I saw Gorbachev grab the mics and horde the spotlight, taking the mantle of the man who said “tear down this wall.” I saw first hand the world’s media and the foreign elites’ adulation thrown at Mikhail Gorbachev. You would have thought he personally drove a bull dozer to “tear down this wall.”

But you and I know that is the not the real story. They can, and have been, rewriting history, but we must not let them continue.

When my father, Ronald Reagan stood at the Brandenburg Gate and spoke the words, “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this Wall” the tides of history changed, braver words had never been spoken.

And that is why I need your help. Please help me preserve his legacy, we must not let history forget the role my father played in defending freedom, not just for Americans, but for millions of people around the globe. Please join me today.

No comments: