Sunday, April 04, 2010

Play Ball!


On my way home one day, I stopped to watch a Little League base ball game that was being played in a park near my home. As I sat down behind the bench on the first-base line, I asked one of the boys what the score was.

"We're behind 14 to nothing," he answered with a smile.

"Really," I said. "I have to say you don't look very discouraged."

"Discouraged?", the boy asked with a puzzled look on his face...

"Why should we be discouraged? We haven't been up to bat yet."
*************************
This reminded me of the words of John Paul Jones the famous American Sailor when he replied to the Admiral of the English fleet after being blasted with one terrible barrage after another. The English asked if he wanted to surrender and he said, "Sir, we have not yet begun to fight."

Good day in church at TLBC today. See our church website HERE.
Our quarterly report for the first quarter of 2010 is on the front page.

No comments: