Sunday, June 20, 2010

Boys

Three boys are in the school yard bragging about their fathers. The first boy says, "My Dad scribble s a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a poem, they give him $50."
The second boy says, "That's nothing. My Dad scribbles a few words on piece of paper, he calls it a song, they give him $100."
The third boy says, "I got you both beat. My Dad scribbles a few words on a piece of paper, he calls it a sermon, and it takes eight people to collect all the money!"

Marion and I were so privileged to attend the Mt. Tahoma Graduation Ceremonies of our granddaughter Riley Blacketer this week. Congratulations to her and all the 2010 grads and a special Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there too.

Services today at TLBC were great. My sermon was on "Christ and the 7th Commandment" and the sermon outline is available on the front page of our church website here. One man, Rick King, came forward professing faith in Christ and asking for scriptural baptism. Today was his birthday too. He is 47. We will be making arrangements for the baptism in the near future.

We had a real good week this week. I attended a Campaign Kick-off Meeting for Jesse Miller, Steve Cook and Terry Harder. They are running for State Congress Position 1, State Congress position 2 and State Senate in my District (29th) here in Washington and It was great to meet them and be a part of of their planning. It was good to meet Kent Keel who is running for Pirece County Auditor. And then I also had the opportunity to meet Jesse Young at the Tacoma 912 Project Meeting. He is running against Norm Dix in the National House of Representatives and I have high hopes that he will do well in that race. My candidate that was running against Patty Murray in the National Senate has dropped out of the race and I am now supporting Clint Didier who was endorsedby Sarah Palin and the Tea Party People.

***********************

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I have high hopes for Jesse Young's campaign also! He is a trustworthy, hardworking man who conducts himself with integrity in every area of his life. (I ought to know, I'm married to him!) He did enjoy speaking at the Tacoma 912 meeting and thinks you have a great group of people there.