Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sign of the times.

A Sunday School teacher asked her class why Joseph and Mary took Jesus
with them to Jerusalem.

A small child replied, "They couldn't get a baby-sitter."
***

Bro Russell taught on the book of Galatians in our Sunday School this morning. I preached on "The Five C's of Grace" in the worship service and the outline is on our church website here.

I attended a meet the candidates forum for the 29th District here in Tacoma earlier this week and was disturbed to see such a lack of turn out by the voters in my District. I don't know what to think about it. I thought by now the voters would be more interested in meeting the candidates in person so that they might be more informed when they cast their ballots. Maybe THIS is why we wound up with the disconnected characters we have in office now. I like :

Terry Harder for 29th District Senator.
http://www.terryharder.org/
Steve Cook for 29th District position 1 Representative.
http://www.stcookcampaign.org/
Jesse Miller for 29th District position 2 Representative.
www.hermoxy.com

In the 6th Congressional District I'm hoping Jesse Young with unseat Norm Dix.

Also, it is imperative that we remove Patty Murray from the US Senate.
I was originally for Craig Williams but he had to drop out of the race.
I was leaning more toward Clint Didier after Craig dropped out. Many are supporting Dino Rossi but I'm not comfortable with Dino. He is a good guy but seems distant and not really fired up about my concerns. I attended my regular TACOMA 912 Project meeting Saturday night and met Paul Akers. I had seen Paul's ad on TV and wasn't really impressed by it. It seemed like a Madison Avenue type ad in which he rattled off a bunch of political cliche's that are what most people probably want to hear. It looked like a professional big money type of thing that didn't really give me any assurance that it wasn't just another political sales pitch. But after meeting Paul in person and hearing him talk for more than an hour I have been persuaded to move over to his camp. I have a DVD that tells more about him. The more I learn the more I like. I am wishing now that Clint would throw his support behind Paul.
Dick Morris, Author and Fox News Analyst, believes Paul is the candidate that can defeat Patty Murray.

Learn more about Paul's position on the issues here: http://www.akersforussenate.com/

DON'T FORGET! Tomorrow is the last day to register to vote in the August 17th
Primary election if you have not registered yet.
***

No comments: