Friday, November 09, 2012

I Won't Back Down

Gary DeMar and I love the lyrics to Tom Petty’s song “I Won’t Back Down.” 
Although it’s not about politics, it has a lot to say about, well, not backing down.

Well I won’t back down, no I won’t back down
You could stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won’t back down
Gonna stand my ground, won’t be turned around
And I’ll keep this world from draggin’ me down
Gonna stand my ground and I won’t back down
Well I know what’s right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin’ me around
But I’ll stand my ground and I won’t back down

The 2012  election depressed a lot of people. I can understand how they feel. 
Some have decided to give up. That I can’t understand.

There were more than 58 million people who voted against Obama and Company. 
You’re not alone. 14 million fewer people voted in 2012. Too many of the right people 
stayed home.  They gave up. Giving up is just what the liberals want us to do. 
We should be more resolute and put the fear of God into these people by our persistence. 
“We’re as mad as hell, and we’re not going to take it anymore.”
I don’t know about you, but I’m like Clint Walker’s character Samson Posey in The Dirty Dozen (1967): 
 “I don’t like being pushed.”

So you’ve been pushed. Well, push back. Get engaged even more than before. 
While the Democrats are resting on their laurels and the Establishment Republicans are 
licking their many wounds, stand up and re-engage. 
And when you get down again, listen to Tom Petty’s “I Won’t Back Down”:

No comments: