Sunday, January 06, 2013

1-6-13.

 For those that have been praying for my dear bride, Marion, Thank you.  She is doing much better.  Her hip surgery went well and she is home now with a walker and very little pain.  She goes in to see the surgeon on Tuesday for a follow up and to get the staples removed.  

The First Friday Fellowship meeting at TLBC went well the other night.  We opened the AP Box (answered prayer) for 2012 and counted all the blessings of God via answered prayer last year.  We had 113 AP's in the box.  I recorded the services that night.  You may listen to the audio HERE.  

Good services today in God's house.  Morning sermon was on "Gathering Ourselves Together" and the afternoon service was on "The Call to Prayer".   

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100
      million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.

      I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same
      thing with my personal budget. I spend about $2,000 a month on
      groceries, household expenses, medicine, utilities, etc., but it's time
      to get out the budget cutting axe, go through my expenses, and cut back.

      I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio (1/35,000) of my
      total budget. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending
      $2,000 a month, I'm going to have to cut that number by six cents. Yes,
      I'm going to have to get by with $1999.94, but that's what sacrifice is
      all about.

      I'll just have to do without some things, that are, frankly, luxuries –
      six cents worth.

      Did this President actually think no one would do the math? Please send
      this to everyone on your list so people understand how idiotic a $100
      million cut is in a $3.5 trillion budget – ludicrous!!!!!!!

      "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation...
      One is by sword...
      The other is by debt."
      John Adams 1826

No comments: