Monday, June 30, 2014

Defensive Pistol Shooting

I met Owen a couple of years ago at a Pro-2nd Amendment Rally at our State Capital.  He got me to join his Meet Up Group, the "South Sound Pistoleros" and has invited me to IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association) shooting matches several times.  I FINALLY was able to make it to one last Saturday.  It turned out to be a "Classifier Match".  Rules require contestants to have shot in at least one prior regular match.  So, I was not able to shoot but I stayed for the match anyway and enjoyed watching the shooters go through the strings in the three sets of the match.  They fired a total of 90 rounds each.  It looks like something I would really enjoy.  I took some video of the  technique used by some of the shooters and will try and post them here.





























No comments: