Monday, October 20, 2014

Not Ashamed

I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. (How about you?)
 
The die has been cast, I've stepped over the line; the decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I will not look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still.
My past is redeemed; my present makes sense; my future is secure.

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded .
I now live by faith, love by patience, laud by prayer, and labor by power .

My pace is set; my gait is steady; my goal is heaven and the Glory of Jehovah the one true God.
 
My road is narrow; my way is rough; my companions few; my Guide reliable; my mission clear!

I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity; I will not negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, nor meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I have prayed up, preached up, stored up, and stayed up the cause of Jesus Christ!

My colors are flying high, and they are clear for all to see.          I am a disciple of the LORD Jesus Christ.

I must go until He returns; give until I drop; preach until all may know; and work until He comes. When He comes to get His own, He will have no trouble recognizing me, for He purchased me on Calvary. 

[I have edited this piece quoted by Steve Lawson in one of his 2007 addresses at Resolved.  LJK.]

No comments: