Tuesday, February 10, 2015

R U 1 of the 2/3?

Are YOU one of the nearly 2 out of every 3 voters in WA State who believe our lawmakers must be required to have a 2/3 majority before they can raise our taxes again and again?  If so, how strongly do you feel about this issue?  We have continually voted to limit the power of politicians on this point but in time, when our short term initiatives expire, they raise taxes anyway 

We need a permanent solution to this problem.

        Last week, Tim Eyman announced the kick-off for this year's initiative I-1366:  the 2/3-For-Taxes Constitutional Amendment Initiative.  It is, by far, the most meaningful, exciting and needed initiative we've ever done.  It is absolutely essential for taxpayers to get permanent protection from Olympia's insatiable tax appetite.

        The voters deserve the chance to approve Initiative 1366 in November.  Past elections prove that almost 2/3 of voters support the 2/3!  We cannot allow this year's signature drive for I-1366 to fail.  It's way too important. Read below what Tim is doing.






        I'm doing everything possible to position this campaign for success.

         Last week, I took out a 2nd mortgage on my house and loaned the I-1366 campaign $150,000.

         Why? 
To jump start the signature drive for the initiative.

          Last week, we transferred $150,000 to Citizen Solutions, a paid signature gathering company.  Paid petitioners hit the streets immediately and are already out there giving voters the chance to sign petitions for the 2/3-For-Taxes Constitutional Amendment Initiative.

          Last year's signature drive fell short not because voters didn't want to sign, but because not enough voters were asked to sign.   This year, that's not going to happen.   This year, we need to make sure that everyone who wants to sign is given the chance to sign.

         A paid signature gathering drive for an initiative is like a steam engine locomotive.  It takes a lot to get it moving, but once it starts rolling, all it needs to keep it going is more coal shoveled into its' furnace.

         I've got the locomotive going and it's now moving down the tracks -- I need your help to keep it going so we can get to our ultimate destination, qualifying and passing I-1366 so we can forever protect taxpayers from Olympia's insatiable tax appetite.
         By providing critical seed money, I've given this effort the best possible chance to succeed.

          I've shown you my commitment -- now I ask you to show me yours.

          Please hit 'reply' to this email or call me and let me know how much you're willing to donate.  100% of it will go to I-1366's signature drive to keep the train moving forwardCall me if you have any questions (cell: 509-991-5295).

         What's it worth to you and your family to have permanent protection from Olympia's insatiable tax appetite?  What's it worth to you and your business to keep every state lawmaker on a short leash What's it worth to you and everyone you know to make it the absolute last resort for the government to ever again take more of your money?

          It's worth a lot to me.   It's worth a lot to Jack and Mike.  But the 3 of us are not going to determine the success of this signature drive -- you are.

         Please send me an email right now or call me and let me know what you're willing to do to help.   Call me if you have any questions (cell: 509-991-5295).

        Let me be absolutely clear:  success is the only option with the signature drive for I-1366.  Please help me make it a reality.


         If you support our efforts to protect taxpayers and you want to ensure the success of our new initiative, please send us a donation for $10, $25, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000, $2500, $5000 or more (there are no limits on how much can be given).  You can go to our website - www.VotersWantMoreChoices.com and make a secure on-line contribution by PayPal or VISA or M/C.  OR, you can print this form, fill it out, and return it with a check or credit card information. 

        We’ve done so many amazing things over the past 16 years, but that's only been possible thanks to successful benefactors like you.  We ask you to please help us help taxpayers. 

         Please donate TODAY.

         Thank you.

Sincerely,
Tim Eyman, Jack Fagan, & Mike F
agan, Fighting for Taxpayers for 16 years, 425-493-9127, tim_eyman@comcast.net, www.VotersWantMoreChoices.com

No comments: