Sunday, February 08, 2009



Brother Gaylen Russell brought the Adult Sunday School lesson today on "The Fall of Man." Pray for Gaylen. He is going in for knee replacement surgery in the morning. Elder Jim Turner was standing in for Pastor Jim Tweet in Seattle today. Pray for Jim and Banita Tweet as they travel down to southern California to visit with their Marine son Travis before he is deployed to Iraq. It was good to have two first time visitors in our services today: Brad and Crystal. I preached on "The Faith of Noah." click here for a copy of the sermon outline on the front page of our church website.

My "Author's Copy" of my first book came for my approval on Saturday afternoon and I will send the approval off first thing in the morning and it will be avilable for sale this week. I am very excited about this. My second book is complete and I am waiting for my "Author's Copy" of IT to come very soon also. More to come on that.

Here is an excerpt from the book:

We looked outside and it was snowing and blowing with below zero winds from a China Typhoon that blew in. We went into the dining room but no one seemed willing to speak English to us so we simply asked for breakfast using our Russian-English dictionary. We were served a cold greasy looking plate of salami with butter and a square chunk of stuff that I suppose was an omelet of some kind. After breakfast I was stricken with an unnatural feeling of deep dark depression. I think it was more than just culture shock. I believe it was an attack of Satan to discourage me. Since the fall of the Berlin wall we were some of the first ones in over 70 years to be on this soil with the gospel message of salvation in Christ and I know that did not set well with the Devil.

Get your copy of this new 188 page book by Larry Killion. “Traveling For God”
ISBN 978-1-4363-9385-0
Available in early 2009 at Amazon.com, Xlibris.com, and your local Bookstore.
Retail Price is: $19.95 Ask about special discounts.

I have a limited number of signed copies for friends and family at a cost of $13.99 each.
Go to Paypal.com and deposit the funds in the ljkillion@juno.com account and put TRAVELING FOR GOD in the memo. Make sure we have your mailing address.
=================================================

No comments: