Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lordship

My message today at TLBC was "Watch Your Inclinations" and the outline is listed on the front page of our church website. click here We had a good day even though the attendance was very low. GOD was there. I LOVE it whe GOD shows up in church don't YOU? Yes, it makes me feel so sorry for all those out in the world catering to their flesh. I've been there and I've done that and that is why I am SO thankful for God's grace in my life because if it weren't for that, I'd still be wasting my life on all those worthless things of the world. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts. Praise Father , Son and Holy Ghost. AMEN.

LORDSHIP

The person who professes to be a Christian, and is not as a rule subject to the Lordship of Christ is a false professor. He is a liar. There is no basis in Scripture for the contention of habitual carnality of a Christian. They which contend for such a theory always refer to isolated cases in the lives of godly people, such as the sin of David, Samson, Abraham's subterfuge, Peter's denial of Christ, etc. Let us not excuse these sins, nor the sins of our own lives, but let us highlight the fact that these men regretted and repented of these temporary digressions from the God honoring course of their lives. Elder Oscar B Mink, 1979.

Links to other Church Websites

Brother Killion's Author Page

Discussion Group on TULIP

Discussion Group on Landmark Church Truth

No comments: