Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Environment



10-16-13

To:  Nansen Malin
Washington Director
Americans for Prosperity

Dear Nansen,

Thank you for the information about this important meeting tomorrow evening.  I regret that I will not be able to attend due to previous engagements.  Keep up the good work.  Since it is permissible, I will submit my opinion on this matter at the link you provided in your post script.   

Yours Truly, Pastor
Larry Killion
8423 S. G. St.
Tacoma, WA.  98444


To the honorable members of the October 17, 2013 hearing on Bulk Terminal Scoping in Tacoma, WA. 

Thank you for hearing my voice on this issue.  My name is Larry Killion.  I am a City of Tacoma resident in the 5th district.  My home is in the Fern Hill neighborhood.  I am Pastor of The Lords Baptist Church and believe we are to be good stewards of God’s Creation.  I hear a lot of rhetoric from environmentalists that skirt the issue and promote a hidden agenda instead.  What the Port of Tacoma and my State does is important to me. 

All those that are weighing in on this issue who are not local residents should be ruled out of order and their disruptive comments nullified. 

The anti-fossil-fuel people are barking up the wrong tree.  Modern technology is able to produce clean energy.  I worked in Boiler Rooms for many years.  I’ve fired boilers with coal, Bunker C Oil and Natural Gas.  We never had a problem with the EPA.  But the issue is not really about the environment.  We must take care of our local economy and insure that jobs are available for working families in our neighborhoods.  Please do not let a few radicals from outside our neighborhood ruin our ability to be competitive in a free market.  Local tax payers will appreciate your efforts to give them some relief by rejecting the globalist mentality of those who would force their will on us and the sovereign State of Washington.  Let private investors buy into our move for more economical freedom on the home front. 

No comments: