Monday, November 25, 2013

ADA

The following information has been submitted:
Name: Pastor Larry J Killion

Issue: Foreign Relations
Message Subject: Thank you
Message Text:
To the Honorable Congressman Derek Kilmer, 

Thank you for responding to my comments about The UN Disabilities Treaty. The Senate is where the debate on this topic is taking place I know. I appreciate your candor. You are correct in stating the US is way ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to our concern for the disabled. Speaking as a retired Facilities Maintenance man, I can tell you that the ADA has indeed done good things for the disabled in our country. It also has some bureaucratic requirements that force ridiculous redundant work and wasteful spending. 

On the other hand, I have lived in Europe several years, I visited Far East Russia for two weeks in 1995 and also spent two weeks in the Philippines and can tell you, from personal experience, places like that are way behind us on this issue. However, the thing I was hoping you might see and understand is that global treaties like the one under discussion are setting a precedent that will actually lead to and allow external entities to usurp and redefine our domestic law and actually infringe on our freedom as citizens of the sovereign United States of America. It did not sound to me like you get that. 

Please, if it comes to a vote from you on items like this - I urge you to remember to stand on and with the Constitution and do not go the way of the globalist one-worlders. I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.

Yours truly, 
Larry J. Killion 

No comments: