Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Into the FRAY

“So, Who CAN Help Me Choose the Best Ammo?”

Into the Fray, Episode 57: What the Police Don’t Know – If the police don’t know, where can you find help choosing what ammo you should carry? The USCCA knows. And what we don’t know we will work hard to find out. Our job is to gather factual information and spread it to as many people as possible.
|
 
 
My apologies. I recently told readers of Concealed Carry Magazine and viewers of Into the Fray to ask local police agencies what type of ammo they use. My rationale was that if you used the same ammo as the local police, then no local prosecutor could claim your ammo was somehow part of the problem in your self-defense incident.

As it turns out, I’ve heard from a couple readers that police don’t know the brand, style, bullet weight, or velocity of their ammo. One reader even said some of the police he asked were downright rude to him concerning the requests he made.

Well, I called around, and with the exception of some “gun guys” who I know, the vast majority of the officers I spoke to did not know any information, other than caliber, about the ammo they carried every day. Granted, this was not a scientific study, but I concluded two things: You should get your ammo information from Concealed Carry Magazine and if you put some cops on the spot and they don’t know the answer, they might get snippy with you.

Sorry I led you astray. If you have questions, ask us. We will do our best to answer them.

No comments: