Governor Inslee and cohorts in Olympia have been pushing for $1 billion+ in tax hikes.
They've dragged us into paying for two costly and unnecessary "special sessions" in Olympia because of their obsession with raising taxes. If not for their insatiable appetite for higher taxes, the Legislature would have wrapped up its work a long time ago.
Here are the tax increases they've been demanding:
* Tax increases imposed in 2010 and to be collected for next budget: $1.079 billion.
* Tax increases imposed in 2011 and to be collected for next budget: $145 million.
* Tax increases imposed in 2012 and to be collected for next budget: $26 million.
* Tax increases imposed in 2013 and to be collected for next budget: $123 million.
* Tax increases imposed in 2014 and to be collected for next budget: $5 million.
TOTAL: $1.379 billion in tax hikes. Do YOU think we should add more to this?
THESE tax increases were imposed in previous legislative sessions, but none were temporary. They were permanent. So taxpayers will be forced to pay $1.379 billion more to pay for spending in the next budget cycle. Do not let them ignore this.
That is enough money for the WA State coffers to increase the size of State government by 12% and give ALL state employees and teachers a raise - "without any more taxes." The Senate has already proposed a budget that will do this. However, Inlee's cronies in the House refuse to do this. They want to ignore all these tax hikes already in effect and add more to them.
If you are a WA State voter, contact your elected officials in Olympia HERE and tell them NO. Make a vow right now and tell your Senator and Representatives that you will not vote for anyone who pushes more new taxes on you at this time. Also, if you have not signed the petition I-1366 which lets the voters decide if we want an amendment to the WA. State constitution that would require a 2/3 majority before any new taxes are passed - Learn more about that initiative HERE.