Monday, July 27, 2015

Bill to defund PP


Fellow Conservative,


Planned Parenthood is attacking me by name, and doing everything they can to stop my bill to
strip them of every last dime of taxpayer funding.

I know as this fight gets hotter by the minute, their smear campaign will only intensify.

I'm not backing down. But I'm counting on you to stand with me.

I believe it's time for Congress to vote on defunding Planned Parenthood. Not next week.
Not next month. But NOW.

I've filed a petition to secure a vote on my bill to defund Planned Parenthood. Under Senate
rules, if enough of my colleagues stand with me, the Senate will have no choice but to allow
a vote on my bill.

That's why I'm counting on you to stand with me in this fight by adding your name 
as a Citizen Co-Sponsor to my petition to secure a vote on defunding Planned Parenthood.

During my 17 years as a practicing physician, I treated premature babies almost every week.

I've cradled their small, precious bodies in the palm of one hand and looked into their eyes as
they struggled to survive. Many of them weighed under two pounds.

Like most Americans, the thought of Planned Parenthood officials killing these babies,
dismembering them and selling their body parts for profit sickens my stomach.

Even those who don't value human life like you and I do are disgusted by Planned Parenthood's
actions.

Yet the outrage that you and I feel isn't shared by many in Congress who would rather keep up
business as usual than heed the will of the American people.

This is flat-out unacceptable.

I'm leading the fight to defund Planned Parenthood.  
And I'm counting on you to add your name as a Citizen Co-Sponsor to my petition 
right away.

And if you can, please agree to your most generous gift of $20.16 or more!

Your generous gift will help me mobilize as many Republican voters across the country as possible to stand with me in this fight to end taxpayer funding of abortion.

Since Congress has the power of the purse, this is a fight you and I can win -- even with President Obama in the White House.

Studies show stopping funding for Planned Parenthood will result in more saved lives.

So Fellow Conservative, won't you please chip in a contribution of $20.16 right away 
to help defund Planned Parenthood?

It's up to you and me to ensure my colleagues in Congress take action.
No one else will do it for us.

But with your help, I'm confident we can secure a vote on my bill to defund Planned Parenthood.

So please, add your name as a Citizen Co-Sponsor to my petition and chip in a  
contribution to help end taxpayer funding of abortion.

Thank you in advance for your support.

In Liberty,

Rand Paul


No comments: